Easy Parmesan Scones Recipe
Parmesan scones are, as the name implies, scones filled and topped with parmesan.
These scones use more butter and baking powder (and/or baking soda) as the raising agent rather than yeast. They are extremely quick to make; you can have the tastiest and softest scones on the table in half an hour.
The flavors we can enrich them with are diverse, because they can be made in both sweet and salty versions. Add whatever spices you like and you can have an endless variety of scones.
These scones are made with Parmesan and basil; extraordinarily good, soft, and aromatic. Parmesan and basil are known to combine well, and these scones only emphasize that.
Next to a cup of yogurt they are perfect, but they also go with a generous layer of butter, cheese, or melted cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tablespoon of milk
- grated parmesan
- smoked paprika
How to make PARMESAN SCONES:
- Sift the flour together with the salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the basil and mix.
- Add the butter and knead gently until you get a crumbly dough.
- Add the cheese and grated Parmesan.
- Stir again and finally add the yogurt together with the beaten egg.
- Mix until you get a homogeneous ball of dough.
- Heat the oven to 200 C degrees (390 F). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into two pieces.
- Make two balls from the two pieces and place them on the baking paper at a distance.
- Flatten the balls slightly until they are 2-3cm (0.8-1.2 inch) high.
- Cut each ball into 8 triangles.
- Slightly divide the 8 triangles so that there is 1cm distance between them.
- Brush the triangles with beaten egg and sprinkle grated Parmesan and smoked paprika on top.
- Bake the scones until nicely browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- They are a real treat and send an enthralling aroma throughout the house!
Related: Yogurt and Almonds Scones