150 grams Porkminced
50 grams Beefminced
100 grams peas
200 ml thick tomato puree
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup White Wine
2 Bay Leaves
1 piece celery
How to Make Rice Arancini:
- First of all, cook the rice. When the rice is cooked, stir in a saucepan with butter, saffron, and a little salt, until you get a perfectly creamy and amalgamated mixture. Transfer to a plate to cool the rice evenly.
- For the ragù, chop the onion, celery, and carrot very finely and sauté in a little oil for a few minutes.
- Add the minced meat, cook for 1 minute, and add the wine.
- Then pour in the tomato sauce, bay leaves, and cloves and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for at least 50 minutes until thick.
- Add the peas and cook for another 15 minutes without a cover, stirring occasionally being careful not to break up the peas.
- Then remove the bay leaves and cloves, add salt and let it cool completely.
- Take a handful of rice and make a hollow where you will put inside 2 teaspoons of ragu.
- Cover with more rice and shape it with your hands into a perfect round ball. Compact them very well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add some flour and mix with some water to create a thick and sticky batter that is not too fluid.
- Dip the rice ball in the batter, making sure it is completely covered.
- Then transfer to another plate and cover it all with the breadcrumbs.
- For frying, you can use a deep fryer or a pan with high sides.
- Heat up plenty of peanut oil to a temperature of 175° C (350° F), dip the rice balls in, and cook for about 2 minutes until golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper and the arancini are ready.