Pappardelle al Ragù
This is an Italian pappardelle al ragù recipe by Chef Eugenio Maiale with three types of minced meat: chicken, pork and veal. It’s incredibly flavorful and delicious.
Pappardelle al Ragu
- 150 grams butter
- 100 millilitres olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 onions
- 4 carrots
- 4 sticks celery
- 200 grams pancetta
- 750 grams pork mince
- 750 grams chicken mince
- 750 grams veal mince
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 bunch rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 litre milk
- 1 handful parsley
- 500 grams pappardelle pasta
- Heat the butter and oil in a deep pan, add the vegetables and fry until they have softened. Add the pancetta, nutmeg, cloves, garlic, bay leaves and minced meats.
- Fry until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add wine and simmer until it evaporates.
- Add milk and simmer until it evaporates.
- Add tomatoes, stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook gently stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
- Boil pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring often.
- Drain. Transfer to pot with sauce; toss.
- Serve with parmesan.
Related: Pappardelle with Marinated Egg Yolk
Related: Prawns Fettuccine with Pernod Cream Sauce & Fennel
Related: Fettuccine Carbonara
Related: Fettuccine with Manila Clams, Spicy Sausage and White Wine Saffron Reduction
Related: Fettuccine with Salmon & Asparagus in Lemon and Dill Oil