Camembert en Croute Recipe
Another day of my “secret challenge month” and another delicious recipe: Camembert en croute. It is a French dish based on the famous camembert, the most iconic French cheese.
I had my eye on this recipe a while back. It looked so good…so tempting, and as it’s so easy to make, you have to give it a try. But I’ve been waiting for a special occasion, and, lo and behold, that’s today, Saints Peter and Paul day.
Camembert en Croute
- 1 whole Camembert
- 100 g puff pastry
- dried apricots
- dried sage
- * I used 4 whole Camembert and a whole 400 gram (14 oz) sheet of puff pastry.
How to make CAMEMBERT en CROUTE:
- Roll out the pastry dough gently.
- Place the camembert in the middle and sprinkle on top the walnuts, dried apricots, and pieces of pastrami.
- Here you can play with the ingredients as you like, I used what I had in the house so I didn't closely follow the original recipe.
- Gently raise the edges of the dough and bring them over the cheese in a radial shape, or you can play with the dough as you wish.
- Brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle on some nuts and a little dried sage.
- Heat the oven to 200 C degrees (392 Fahrenheit) and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- We serve it about 5 minutes after baking to enjoy the maximum creaminess of the cheese.
- It was wonderful, too bad it ended so quickly.
- The guests were delighted and no wonder, it was the 'stand out piece' of the evening!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!