Watermelon Salad Recipe
This is a perfectly light summer appetizer that is very easy to prepare and it’s super tasty.
This recipe calls for ricotta, but works fine with feta cheese or any other ricotta substitutes.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- ½ cup kalamata olives pitted or other quality ripe olive
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese shredded & toasted (Feta is a good alternative)
- 2 medium red onions sliced as thinly as possible
- 4 lemons
- ¼ cup mint leaves fresh, loosely packed, chiffonade cut
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- Marinate the onions in the lemon juice (overnight is better).
- Toast the cheese under the broiler till black, then cool and shred.
- Combine the onions (with juice), cheese, and remaining ingredients.
- And mix gently, but completely serve immediately.
Related: Watermelon and Tomato Salad
Related: Beef Tartare with Watermelon, Yuzu & Egg Yolk
Related: Watermelon and Feta Salad
Related: 31 Fresh Summer Mediterranean Salad Recipes
Related: All About Kalamata Olives and Kalamata Olive Oil