This is a Sunday afternoon indulgence. Wonderful fresh asparagus blanched and then marinated in white truffle oil and balsamic vinegar. Very simple but amazing flavor.
Great with some sour dough and some aged parmesan cheese.
Truffle Marinated Asparagus
- Fill a medium sized pot with water and add a little salt
- Bring to the boil. Cut the bottom woody part of the asparagus stem and discard.
- Place ice in a large container and add a little cold water. This will be used to refresh the asparagus after cooking, it stops the cooking process quickly and it helps retain the wonderful green colour.
- Place half the asparagus into the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and place immediately into ice water. Repeat process.
- Place oil, balsamic in a bowl. Chop garlic roughly and add to oil. Add salt, pepper and juice from lemon and whisk vigorously for 1 minute.
- Drain Asparagus and dry with paper towel. Place into a container and pout over oil mix until the asparagus is covered. Marinade over night and serve chilled with plenty of the marinade and bread.