Gourmet Strawberry Cheesecake with Yuzu Ice Cream & Meringue
This amazing and sophisticated strawberry cheesecake recipe is brought to you by Chef Matteo Ferrantino.
This delicious strawberry cheesecake is best served with Yuzu ice cream, meringue and strawberry puree. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cheesecake with Yuzu & Meringue
- 450 grams strawberry puree
- 50 grams raspberry purée
- 150 milliliters water
- 4 grams Agar-agar if you dont have this ,the taste will be the same, but the texture will be a little more liquid
- 50 milliliters strawberry liqueur
- 20 grams sugar
YUZU ICE CREAM
- 880 milliliters milk
- 250 milliliters cream
- 65 grams powdered milk
- 220 grams sugar
- 35 grams dextrose
- 7 grams ice cream stabilizer
- 4 yuzus
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams almond flour
- 100 grams flour
- 50 grams egg whites
- 100 grams sugar
- 800 milliliters cream
- 400 grams cottage cheese
- 120 grams sugar
- 70 grams powdered milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod sliced lengthways, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 grams icing sugar
- 60 grams egg yolks 3 yolks
- 300 grams butter soft
- 500 grams flour
- pinch salt
- Mix all the ingredients together and bring to boil and let cool.
- Once cold, blend with a hand blender and pass through a fine strainer to obtain a smooth texture.
Yuzu Ice Cream
- Make a hot infusion with the milk, cream plus 1⁄2 yuzu zest so that the milk and cream obtain the citrus flavour.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix together dries ingredients (powdered milk, sugar, dextrose, ice cream stabilizer)
- Dissolve the dry mixture into the cooled milk and cream infusion.
- Heat to 82 C and cool rapidly once it reaches the temperature. When cooked add the yuzu juice and the rest of the yuzu zest (depending on the taste)
- Leave to mature for 12 – 24 hours
- Pass through a sieve and put in ice cream machine.
- Mix together all ingredients with your fingers to obtain a loose crumble and cook in the oven at 160 degrees C for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until it becomes slightly crunchy.
- Heat the egg white and sugar to 50 degrees C.
- Beat until firm.
- Put in a pastry-piping bag and pipe small meringues approximately the size of a grape.
- Dry in the oven slowly at approximately 80 degree C until they are dry.
- Beat the cottage cheese (quark), cream and milk powder together.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick, pale and foamy, add the vanilla seed and fold in the cheese and cream mixture.
- Mix everything together in a food blender.
- Roll out.
- Place in a lightly greased cake tin of approximately 28 cm in diameter.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on the top.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 C.
- Leave to cool for 2-4 hours
Notes and Plating
- Should you wish to make mini strawberry cheesecakes like in the picture, use a cake cutter to cut your desired size.
- Add fresh strawberries and decorate the plate with puree, meringue, ice cream and sprinkle with crumble.