Smoked Salmon Kimbap
Introducing a modern twist on a classic favorite – our smoked salmon kimbap recipe. Delicately rolled in seaweed, the combination of succulent smoked salmon, crisp vegetables, creamy cream cheese and perfectly seasoned rice offers a harmonious dance of textures and tastes.
Smoked Salmon Kimbap
- 400 g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 algae leaves nori
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 pepper
- 30 g carrots
- 30 g cream cheese
- Wash the rice thoroughly in several waters and drain. In a pot with a lid, boil 525-550 ml (2 1/3 cups) of water with a little salt. When it is boiling, add the rice, cover with a lid and simmer until all the water has been absorbed and the rice shows signs of starting to stick to the pot. Do not stir very often so as not to crush the rice.
- Separately we prepare the marinade for the rice, we boil the vinegar in which we dissolve the salt and sugar, and after the rice has boiled we move it to a large bowl to cool and mix it with the marinade.
- Cut the cucumbers into sticks and julienne the peppers and carrots.
- Then on a sushi rolling mat covered with foil, place the cloud sheet, and cover with a thin layer of rice toast evenly over about 3/4 of the surface.
- To prevent the rice from sticking to your hands, use a bowl of cold water in which you can insert your fingers each time you are going to put your hand on the rice, so it will slide easily and will be easier to spread evenly.
- Inside add the smoked salmon, a little wasabi, chopped vegetables and cream cheese, and then roll it tightly with the bamboo kimbap mat.
- After it is formed we keep it still in the rolling mat and press the ends well.
- When we have finished rolling the kimbap with a sharp knife we slice it into pieces of about 1 – 1.5 cm (1/3 – 2/3 of an inch) thick. To make them nice it is advisable to wipe the knife blade on a damp cloth before each slice.
Related: Shrimp Kimbap Recipe
Related: Chicken Kimbap with Veggies
Related: Kimbap with Omelet and Asparagus
Related: Veggie Kimbap with Bean Sprouts
Related: Most Popular Korean Street Foods
Related: Popular Korean Breakfast Foods