Ingredients for Momos Covering :
1 Cup maida
1/2 teaspoon Oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 to 4 tablespoon Waterfor kneading
Ingredients for Stuffing:
1/2 cup Cabbagechopped
1/2 cup carrotchopped
1/3 cup French beanschopped
1/4 cup capsicumchopped
1/2 cup spring onionschopped
2 to 4 Garlicchopped
1 and 1/2 teaspoon Sauce
1/2 tea spoon black pepper powder
1 teaspoon Oil
Saltis Required according to taste.
How to Make the Dough for Covering the Momos:
- In a bowl, nix, the maida, salt, and oil.
- Then add a little water to make a smooth pliable dough.
- Cover the dough with a damped cloth and leave for 25 to 30 minutes.
How to Make the Stuffing:
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat the oil. Add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Now add the chopped onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the black pepper and soya sauce and give it a good stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
How to Shape the Momos:
- Divide the dough into small balls. Roll each ball into a circle, keeping edges thin and the center thicker.
- Place the approximately 1 spoon of the filling in the center.
- Lift the edges from one side and start pleating, joining the ends in the center and seal the sides.
- Keep them covered with a wet cloth so that don’t dry out.
How to Steam the Momos:
- Boil water in to pressure cooker or steamer.
- Arrange the momos on an oily plate. Make sure to leave space between them.
- Place the plate in the cooker or steamer, and cook for 6 to 7 minutes over a medium heat until they look cooked.
- Once done, turn off the heat and remove the momos from the cooker or steamer.
- Serve them with tomato ketchup or sezwan sauce and enjoy.