120 gr Smoked Watermelon Juice
100 gr Fresh Shrimp
30 gr avocadoDiced
20 gr Pickled Watermelon Rind
30 gr cucumberdiced
9 gr Shredded CheeseManaba
7 gr Cilantro Oil
7 gr mint leafs
7 gr basil leafs
This dish combines a traditional Spanish gazpacho with classic Ecuadorian ceviche, which typically has a red, tomato-based broth.
We’ve substituted smoked watermelon for the tomato, but have kept the umami components of the gazpacho to make what we think is one of our most creative dishes.
How to Make Gazpiche
- Heat up a pot of salted water until boiling.
- Then add the shrimp until the water starts boiling again (30 s to 1 min). Remove and place the shrimp in iced water to avoid overcooking.
- Place the watermelon rind into a serving bowl. Then add the avocado followed by the shrimp.
- Add the cheese to the top along with the cilantro oil and mint/basil leaves.
- Finish tableside by pouring the smoked watermelon juice over the top.