This creative dish presented by Chef Alejandra Espinoza combines a traditional Spanish gazpacho with classic Ecuadorian ceviche, which typically has a red, tomato-based broth.
We’ve substituted smoked watermelon for the tomato, but have kept the umami components of the gazpacho to make what we think is one of our most creative dishes.
- 120 gr Smoked Watermelon Juice
- 100 gr Fresh Shrimp
- 30 gr avocado diced
- 20 gr Pickled Watermelon Rind
- 30 gr cucumber diced
- 9 gr Shredded Cheese Manaba
- 7 gr Cilantro Oil
- 7 gr mint leafs
- 7 gr basil leafs
How to Make Gazpiche:
- Heat up a pot of salted water until boiling.
- Then add the shrimp until the water starts boiling again (30 s to 1 min). Remove and place the shrimp in iced water to avoid overcooking.
- Place the watermelon rind into a serving bowl. Then add the avocado followed by the shrimp.
- Add the cheese to the top along with the cilantro oil and mint/basil leaves.
- Finish tableside by pouring the smoked watermelon juice over the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!