Ceviche is a popular seafood dish in Mexico, Central and South America. Most commonly made with shrimp, this dish can include various other tasty additions like scallops, oysters or fish of any kind.
With ceviche recipes, you use acid such as lime juice to “cure” the fish/seafood. The acidic mixture of citrus juice and herbs and spices essentially cooks the seafood and the result is a refreshing, light and super healthy dish that’s very easy to make.
Make sure to only use high-quality and super fresh seafood for your ceviche. This is probably the most important factor for a great ceviche.
In Mexico, ceviche is often served with tortilla chips and can be quite spicy. Enjoy!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined
- 5 large lemons juiced
- 2 white onions finely copped
- 1 large tomato seeds removed and cubed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- tomato and clam juice cocktail (clamato)
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers seeds removed and minced
- 1 bunch radishes finely chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- tortilla chips
- Begin by placing your shrimp in a bowl (you can either chop them or leave them whole, it's up to you) along with the lemon juice and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes for the shrimp to marinate until opaque and firm.
- Next, add in the onions, tomatoes, radishes, cucumber and garlic. Combine well.
- Add cilatro and chopped jalapenos to your liking. Keep in mind that the heat from the jalapeno will intensify as the mixture marinates.
- Add the tomato and clam juice and combine. Then cover and put the mixture in the fridge for about 1 hour to marinate.
- Serve chilled with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Related: Peruvian Ceviche
Related: Ecuadorian Ceviche
Related: Arroz Verde (Mexican Green Rice)
Related: Most Popular Mexican Dishes
Related: Chicken Chili with Corn
Related: Pulled Chicken Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Related: Easy Guacamole & Shrimp Tacos