This is perhaps the most famous Peruvian food, a dish that’s now treasured all over the world and which has put Peru on the world’s culinary map.
Ceviche is a popular dish in other South American and Central American countries, but arguably the Peruvian ceviche is the best in the world.
Enjoy this classic Peruvian ceviche recipe by Chef Ernesto Moreno.
- 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets sole, cut on the bias into 1 inch dice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh, save half
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh, save half
- 1 Aji Amarillo save half
- 2 ears corn cut in half
SWEET POTATO CRISP
- 1 potatoes sweet
- cilantro leaves
PERUVIAN SALSA GARNISH
- 1 red onion cut in 1/2 lengths and sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- Place the cut fish into a bowl and combine the lemon, lime, aji amarillo, garlic and fish mixture and let it marinate.
- Add seasonsing as desired.
- Boil the corn in water until soft and then chill.
- Serve cold.
Sweet Potato Crisp
- Peel the sweet potato to long strings and deep fry in hot oil.
Peruvian Salsa Garnish
- Marinate the julienned red onion in the lemon and lime juice.
- Add aji amarillo, choppped cilantro and season.
- *Aji Amarillo is a Peruvian spice, it's ready-made and sold as a paste or sometimes whole in jars. This recipe uses the paste.