Chocolate Raspberry Cake
It’s never too late to bake a cake. Or… it’s never too late to bake another cake. Honestly, cakes are my weakness and I always make them with love. My favorites are the chocolate ones, and this awesome cake has lots and lots of chocolate.
The sponge is great, fluffy, and chocolaty while the chocolate cream is smooth, silky, and has well-balanced flavors. For an extra infusion of aroma, I added a raspberry cream, which also brings freshness.
This chocolate and raspberry cake is awesome, and who knows, might become your favorite.
Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 300 g raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 300 ml milk
- 80 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp starch
- 100 g butter
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g chocolate
- 100 ml milk
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- Mix the hot water with the cocoa powder until you get a smooth cream. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the wheat flour with the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk the eggs together with the oil, vanilla, and yogurt. Incorporate the mixture into the cocoa cream.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix slowly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (360 °F). Pour the mixture into a large 30/40 cm (12×16 inches) baking tray and level it out. Bake for 20-25 minutes until it passes the toothpick test. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Cut the sponge into 2 equal pieces of 20/30 cm (8×12 inches) each. Cut one piece in half horizontally, so that you get two thinner layers of sponge.
- Put the milk and sugar over a medium heat. Mix the eggs separately with the starch. When the milk is hot, pour a few tablespoons over the eggs and stir well. Pour the egg mixture into the milk and leave the cream over a medium heat. Stir continuously until the cream starts to boil and thickens.
- Remove the cream from the stove and add the broken chocolate pieces. Stir well.
- Dice the butter and add it to the cream. Finally, add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Raspberry cream:
- You can use fresh or frozen raspberries for this. Place the raspberries over a low heat along with the sugar. Let simmer for about 5 minutes until they become completely soft.
- Break up the starch with two tablespoons of water, then add it to the raspberries and simmer for another 2 minutes until the cream has thickened. Refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate in the hot milk. Hydrate the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then add it to the warm chocolate cream. Stir well and set it aside, but do not put it into the refrigerator, as it may become too firm.
- Place the larger layer of sponge on a platter. Spread half of the chocolate cream on top. Cover with one of the thinner layers of sponge and then spread the raspberry cream over it. Place the second thin layer of cake on top. Spread the other half of the chocolate cream and smooth it out. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Cover the cake with chocolate icing and refrigerate again. Decorate with raspberries, preferably fresh, and then slice according to preference.
Related: Raspberry Brownies
Related: Vanilla Raspberry Bavarian Cake
Related: Raspberry & Blueberry Swiss Roll
Related: White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Related: Chocolate Panna Cotta with Raspberry Coulis
Related: Blueberry & Raspberry Chocolate Cake