Walnut Ricotta Cake
Walnut and cocoa are among my favorite cake ingredients and when you add ricotta to the mix you get something truly special.
Walnuts, cocoa, and ricotta come together to create this wonderful, slightly dense nut cake with a hint of cocoa. The filling is simple – light ricotta cream, honey, and whipped cream. The combination is wonderful, sweet, and flavorsome. The contrast of colors also adds an elegant touch.
Walnut Ricotta Cake
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 50 g honey
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 2 tbsp milk
- Mix the flour with the sugar, ground walnuts, and cocoa powder. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Separately, combine the egg yolks with the oil and yogurt. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Incorporate the liquid ingredients, including the hot water, with the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Carefully fold in the whipped egg whites, using upward movements.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F) and line a 25/35 cm ( 10×14 inches) baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the tray and level it. Bake for 25-30 minutes. When ready, transfer to a cooling rack. Cut it into two pieces, 17/25 cm (6 1/2 x 10 inches).
- Hydrate the gelatin in cold water. After 5 minutes, drain it and pour in 2-3 tablespoons of hot milk. Mix the ricotta cheese with the honey, milk, and lemon juice until it becomes creamy. Whip the cream with the vanilla sugar.
- Incorporate the whipped cream into the ricotta with upward movements. Refrigerate the cream for half an hour.
- Place a piece of the cake in the pan and then spread half of the cream on top, smoothing it out. Place the next piece of cake on top and then the rest of the cream. Decorate with cocoa powder or ground walnuts.
Related: Ricotta Hotcake
Related: Blueberry, Hazelnut & Ricotta Cake
Related: Famous Italian Easter Cookies, Cakes and Desserts
Related: Walnut & Salted Caramel Cake with Chocolate Icing
Related: Pancakes with Brie Cream, Honey and Walnuts