Ricotta hotcake is a sweet pancake, usually eaten for breakfast or dessert. The pancakes are typically topped with syrup, berries and whipped cream. They are super soft and just slightly sweet on the inside.
Enjoy this delicious ricotta hotcake recipe by Chef Pierrick Boyer
Ricotta Hotcake Recipe by Chef Pierrick Boyer
- 500 g Ricotta
- 200 g Milk
- 200 g Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 50 g Sugar
- 20 g Baking Powder
- 10 g Oil
- 20 g Butter
- 100 g Sugar
- 100 g Water
- 200 g Berries
- 200 g Mixed Nuts
- 250 g Cream
- 10 g Chai Tea Powder
- 1 g Garnish and Season
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit).
- In a saucepan add 100g (3.5oz) water and 100g (3.5oz) sugar bring to boil to dissolve sugar and remove from heat. Chill in fridge.
- Combine ricotta and milk together and whisk to remove the majority of large lumps.
- Add eggs, flour, sugar and baking powder into milk and ricotta and whisk to bring batter together.
- Toasted a mixture of slivered almonds, pinenuts, sunflower seeds and pepitas until golden..
- In a mixer add cream and chai powder, whip until stiff peaks but be careful to not over whip.
- Over a medium heat add to a 8inch frypan a teaspoon of butter and oil. Add 200g (7oz) of hotcake batter to pan. Allow to seal slightly.
- Place fry pan in the oven to bake for 12mins or until hotcake is fully cooked.
- Once Cooked turn out hotcake into serving bowl and drizzle with sugar syrup
- Sprinkle nuts and berries on top and finish with whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!