Cucumber Cream Cheese Roll Ups w/ Salmon Tartare
These cucumber cream cheese roll ups with Asian-style salmon tartare is a delicious and refreshing appetizer that combines tangy cream cheese, savory salmon, and crisp cucumber.
The salmon is bathed in mandarin juice and soy sauce, flavors often used in Asian cuisine to enhance the taste of fresh vegetables and seafood.
The cool, crunchy texture of the cucumber pairs perfectly with the smooth, creamy consistency of the cream cheese, while the salty, buttery flavor of the salmon adds depth and richness to the dish.
Before you start, here are a few helpful tips:
- Buy super fresh, high-quality salmon. This is very important when you prepare a salmon tartare. If you need help deboning your salmon, check out this guide on removing pin bones from salmon.
- Not all soy sauce is created equal. Some brands are saltier than others, and some are more flavored. Check out this guide on the best bottled soy sauce available on the market. If you don’t have soy sauce in your pantry, you can also try these soy sauce substitutes.
- Mandarins can be substituted for oranges.
Enjoy this delicious salmon tartare recipe with cucumber cream cheese roll ups!
Cucumber Cream Cheese Roll Ups with Salmon Tartare
- 1 cucumber
- 40 g cream cheese
- 100 g salmon
- 1/2 mandarin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- De-skin and debone the salmon, cut into small cubes, and coat with soy sauce and mandarin juice.
- Thinly slice the cucumber lengthwise, place a teaspoon of cream cheese on top of each slice, and roll the cucumber.
- Place the cucumber rolls on top of the salmon tartar.
Related: Beef Tartare with Watermelon, Yuzu & Egg Yolk
Related: Crispy Rice With Creamy Salmon Tartare
Related: Tuna Tartare
Related: Venison Tartare w/ Amaranth & Chestnut Mustard
Related: Seared Dry-Aged Hanger Steak Tartare
Related: Salmon Tartare with Apple, Cucumber and Radish Salad