Venison Tartare w/ Amaranth & Chestnut Mustard
This is an elegant venison tartare recipe flavored with amaranth and chestnut mustard. Don’t worry though if you can’t find chestnut mustard at your local gourmet shop as you can replace it with other mustard brands.
Enjoy this delicious venison tartare recipe!
Venison Tartare with Amaranth & Chestnut Mustard
- 50 grams lemon mustard dressing
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 650 grams venison Cervena back strap, trimmed of fat
- 150 grams chestnut mustard Mostarda di castagne brand or any other type of sweet, premium mustard
- 10 mustard leaves
- 100 grams amaranth
- 100 grams shallots
- Puff the amaranth very quickly in a hot vegetable oil little by little.
- Trim the back strap.
- Cut the venison meat in small cubes.
- Finely chop the shallots.
- Dress the venison with the dressing and add the chopped shallots, mix well.
- Place the tartare in a square ring in the middle of the plate.
- Add the chestnut mustard on the side.
- Garnish with mustard leaves.
Related: Beef Tartare with Watermelon, Yuzu & Egg Yolk
Related: Crispy Rice With Creamy Salmon Tartare
Related: Tuna Tartare
Related: Seared Dry-Aged Hanger Steak Tartare
Related: Cucumber Cream Cheese Roll Ups w/ Salmon Tartare