Purslane Salad with Yoghurt
Salads made with greens are not only limited to lettuce, arugula, curly cress, and sorrel. Making salads with fresh purslane collected from the garden, especially in summer, is as common as salads made with other greens.
Purslane Salad With Yoghurt
Two salads in particular are found on the summer table.A purslane salad with tomato, onion, and pomegranate syrup enchants with its balanced sourness. In contrast, another purslane salad made with garlic and yogurt cools you down.Purslane salad is, in my opinion, one of the most delicious flavors in the world.
- 1 bunch fresh purslane
- 1 cup yogurt whipped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried mint
- 1 pinch cayenne
- salt to taste
How to make Purslane Salad With Yoghurt
- Coarsely chop the purslane.
- Mix the garlic, whipped yogurt, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the purslane to the yogurt mixture and mix until all the purslane leaves are coated.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with dried mint and cayenne.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
One Comment Hide Comments
Thank you for posting this! Purslane is considered a weed here in the U.S., but after some research, I learned that it is very nutritious, and after some backyard foraging, pretty tasty too :). I’ll be trying this recipe when the purslane starts growing in my vegetable garden .