Piyaz with Tahini/ White Bean Salad
Legume salads, such as white beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, broad beans, and black-eyed peas, are a must-have if you want to familiarize yourself with Turkish Salads. When seasoned with olive oil and vinegar, combined with thinly sliced red onion and finely chopped parsley, you’ll get all the pleasure you could ever get from a salad. Increase the amount of protein with slices a boiled egg, and it turns into a satisfying main meal.
Piyaz(White Bean Salad) With Tahini
- 250 g boiled white beans
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ⅓ cups olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 hard-boiled egg
- 2 small tomatoes
- ½ small red onion
- 5 sprigs of parsley
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
How to make Piyaz (White Bean Salad) with Tahini
- Put 3 tbsp of boiled white beans in a deep bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the tahini, minced garlic, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, vinegar, water, and salt and pepper to the mashed beans and stir until well combined.
- Put the remaining white beans into the tahini sauce and mix until all the beans are coated.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes. Finely slice the onion. Finely chop the parsley. Cut the eggs into quarters.
- Transfer the salad to a small serving bowl and season with salt and pepper before serving.