Ciorba Radauteana (Romanian Sour Chicken Soup)
Tasty, hearty, and light – this is how we describe this sour Radauti soup. It is very much like tripe soup, but it is less greasy and has a sweeter taste.
Made using the same broth as a beef soup but with thinly sliced chicken breast, it is one of Romania’s most popular and tastiest dishes. It also contains carrot, sour cream, garlic, eggs, onion, and peppers.
Romanian Sour Chicken Soup /Ciorba Radauteana
- 2 pcs chicken breast
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 bell peppers
- 1 onions
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 4 egg yolks
- 500 gr cream
- 3 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
How to Make Radauti Sour Soup:
- Boil the chicken breast in 3 liters ( 12 ½ cups) of water with little salt and all the vegetables, previously peel and chopped.
- Take off the foam as the meat boils.
- Once cooked, take out the vegetables and chicken breast.
- Cut the meat into long slices and boil this again for a short time, but without the vegetables.
- Mix five spoons of hot soup with the egg yolks, flour, and cream and add this to the soup. Then add the vinegar.
- Finally, add the finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Let boil for another ten minutes, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ideally the Radauti sour soup is served hot, with toast and hot pepper.
Related: Ciorba de Perisoare (Romanian Meatball Soup)
Related: Romanian Chicken Noodle Soup (Supă de Pui cu Tăieței)
Related: Homemade Chicken Stock
Related: Borș Moldovenesc (Sour Moldavian Soup)
Related: Supă cu Găluşte: Chicken Soup with Semolina Dumplings