Pepper & Parmesan Rolls
Baked goods are a pleasure of mine. I love making them at home, smelling the aroma of freshly baked dough that fills the whole house and calls you into the kitchen. And the fresh, fluffy, browned bread you just pulled out of the oven is a wonder!
I don’t make bread very often because I don’t have time. But sometimes, when the craving is too great, or when I see a good recipe, I get busy. I found this pepper & parmesan roll recipe among my mother’s favorite recipes.
The result: a marvel! They’re easy to make, so difficulty and lack of time can’t be an excuse.
ROLLS WITH PEPPER AND PARMESAN CHEESE
- 400 g flour
- 200-250 ml milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50 g butter
- 12 g fresh yeast
- 1 level teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 40 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- poppy seeds for decoration
How to make ROLLS WITH PEPPER AND PARMESAN CHEESE:
- Prepare the ingredients an hour before you start.
- This way they will all come to the same temperature.
- Gently heat 100 ml of the milk.
- Turn off the heat and add the sugar and yeast.
- Stir a little then let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour with salt and pepper.
- Add the grated Parmesan and make a well in the middle.
- Pour in the cornflour, melted butter, and start kneading.
- Gradually add the remaining milk.
- Stop when you have a firm dough that is easy to work.
- Knead for about 10-15 minutes, until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and leave to rise in a warm place.
- After an hour, the dough should have doubled in volume.
- Turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide into 8 roughly equal pieces.
- Grease a 20/30 cm pan with oil.
- Take each piece of dough and shape into a round.
- Gently roll it between the palm of your hand and the worktop until the surface is smooth and shiny.
- Place the rolls on the tray and continue with the other pieces of dough.
- Once you have done all the rolls, brush them with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds and flax seeds on top.
- Leave the rolls to rise for 20-30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before baking, turn on the oven. Heat to 190 degrees.
- When the oven is hot, place the rolls on a baking tray.
- After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 175 degrees and continue baking until nicely browned.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool in the pan.
- When they are cold, place them in a paper bag to store.
- The rolls last about 2-3 days without drying out.
- They are delicious for breakfast or a quick dinner. Enjoy!