Baked Stuffed Mushrooms with Sugo Sauce
This is a fantastic stuffed mushrooms recipe provided by Chef Sara Connors of Amanda’s on the Edge, a charming restaurant situated on the hill of Windsor’s Edge Vineyard. Windsor’s Edge is a small family operated resort in the center of the Hunter Valley, one of Australia’s best known wine regions.
Try out this delicious baked stuffed mushrooms recipe or enjoy the original while looking over the picturesque vines and surrounding country land.
Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 50 grams Binnorie fetta crumbled
- 1 chopped chilli remove seeds
- 20 grams pine nuts toasted
- 5 cloves poached garlic poach in olive oil
- 50 grams diced onion cook until golden
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 20 grams butter
How To Prepare The Stuffing:
- Blend bread to a rough consistency. Mix in a bowl with fetta, chillies, garlic, onion, basil & pine nuts ( mix with hands ).
- Remove stalks from mushrooms & place mix into mushrooms.
- Top mushrooms with butter and bake at 200 degrees C/ 392 ℉ for 15 minutes.
How To Prepare the Sugo Sauce
- Place onions & garlic in pan with oil and sweat, add tomato paste & cook for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with wine then add fresh & canned tomatoes, cook for 10 min.
- Add basil & season to taste.
Related: Stuffed Zucchini Flowers with Feta and Capers
Related: Greek Stuffed Eggplant with Chickpeas
Related: Stuffed Mushrooms w/ Parmesan & Thyme
Related: Stuffed Mushrooms on Herbed Polenta w/ Buttered French Beans
Related: Stuffed Figs with Chicken & Tamarind Sauce