- 1-½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breastscut in 2-inch cubes
- 1-teaspoon sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1-teaspoon garam masalaground
- ½ cup milk yogurtplain whole
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower oil
Tikka Masala Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup red onionroughly chopped
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 3 garlic clovespeeled
- 1 Tablespoons dry fenugreek leaves
- 1-teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cups Canned tomatoeschopped
- 1-cup Water
- ½ cup heavy cream
Tikka Masala is Britain’s national dish. It is created from India’s Butter Chicken dish. Tikka is a boneless piece of meat, and Masala is a spicy sauce. There are two parts to this recipe. The first is to grill the chicken, and the next is to prepare the sauce and add grilled chicken to the sauce.
How to Cook Tikka Masala:
- Mix ‘Grilled Chicken’ ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven at 425 F.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces after 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 3-qt Dutch oven over medium heat, add all the ‘Tikka Masala Sauce’ ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Puree the sauce in a blender and bring it back to the Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces to the sauce and stir. Cook COVERED on low heat for 20 minutes. Adjust salt, if required.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water if the curry is too thick.
- Serve with good quality garlic naan.
Photo credit: Michael Hays