- 1 kg Goat Meat pieceswith preferred bones from Neck, Leg and Ribs
- 320 g medium red onionsfinely sliced
- 160 g medium tomatoeschopped
- 1 red chilliwhole
- 1 Green Chilliwhole
- 6 g cumin seed
- 2 tsp coriander seed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 tbs mustard oil
- 4 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 Leaves Tejpattabay leaves
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbs Salt
- Fresh coriander leavesfor garnish
Nepalese has a special taste for goat meat and they like to serve goat curry at special occasions. This special goat curry recipe was provided by London-based Nepalese chef Binod Baral.
To prepare this recipe blend together the red chilli, green chilli, cumin seed, coriander seed, the garloc cloves and ginger and keep on side with 3tbs of water/ 45 ml. This is important step to get typical taste.
How to Make Goat Curry:
- Make oil hot and sputter fenugreek seed until it turn dark add onion and all whole spice and fry until it turn golden brown.
- Add meat and cook in medium heat stirring occasionally
- Cook until it ger caramelise, normally meat nicely brown nicely brow and onion complete melt.
- Add turmeric and salt
- Give nice stir and cook 2 more minute
- Add masala paste
- Cook unit it unit spice nicely cooked
- Add tomato and cook until tomato melt completely. You can add water if meat is not soft enough or if you want lighter sauce like home style and thick per your preferences.
- Finish with hand teared fresh corander