1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels
2-5 tbsp. cornflakescrushed
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
2-5 tbsp white sugaraccording to your taste
2-3 cups iceshaved or crushed
2 scoops vanillasweet corn, or mango flavored ice cream
Mais con Yelo (corn with ice) is a cool and refreshing Filipino dessert made with sweet corn, shaved ice, milk, and sugar. It is served plain or topped with toasted rice krispies, crushed cornflakes, or even with ice cream. Traditionally, both halo-halo and mais con yelo are made with crushed or shaved ice drizzled with a sweet, milky mixture.
How to Make Mais Con Yelo:
- Crush or shave the ice using a shaved ice machine, blender, or food processor.
- Combine the evaporated milk and condensed milk in a large bowl.
- Place 2 tablespoons of corn kernels in each tall glass.
- Add a layer of shaved or crushed ice on top of the corn kernels.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of corn kernels followed by another layer of ice.
- Add the remaining corn kernels on top of the ice.
- Sprinkle crushed cornflakes on top.
- Pour half the milk mixture into each glass then add sugar according to taste.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream if desired.