48 oz Boneless/Skinless Chicken thigh cut into 1 “ cubes2-3 oz per skewer
12 tbs togarashi
to taste Salt
to taste Pepper
for garnish scallions
Sauce for Chicken Skewer
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
1 quart tamari soy sauce
3 oz Gingersliced
5 pieces garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp togarashi
1 cup Water
Grilled chicken thigh skewers with togarashi and brown sugar soy glaze is one of the most popular dishes at AceBounce Chicago. This recipe serves 4 people – 16 skewers in total, 4 skewers per person.
How to Prepare the Sauce for Chicken Skewers
- Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Reduce mixture by half.
- Strain sauce and cool for use later.
How to Prepare the Chicken Thigh Skewers
- Skewer approx 3-4 pcs of chicken onto each skewer. 2-3 oz per skewer.
- Season the chicken skewers with the togarashi, this can be done 24 hours in advance.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill until completely cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, warm the sauce in sauté pan.
- Add cooked chicken to sauce and coat generously.
- Stack skewers on plate in crisscross pattern, drizzle with more sauce.
- Cut the scallions on long bias (see video here) and chill them in ice water. Drain scallions from the ice water and garnish.