1 kg bacon
extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Chicharron de Cadiz:
- Turn on the oven to 200° F. Rinse the bacon well under the tap and, without drying it, smear the whole piece with paprika. This must be done with the hands so it gets rubbed in everywhere.
- Sprinkle the bacon with salt, oregano, and garlic powder. You can use fresh garlic, but it runs the risk of burning.
- Place the marinated bacon on baking paper or aluminum foil
- Pour a splash of olive oil on top and put in the oven for an hour.
- Let it cool and put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Slice as thin as possible, serving with a little salt
- If you want, splash a little bit of olive oil and lemon, which makes it really delicious.