Hot Ezme (Turkish Salsa)
Turkish salsa, hot and spicy, crispy and refreshing. I love it with tortilla chips or even with simple bread slices.
Hot Ezme (Turkish Salad)
There is another turkish salad Hot Ezme. Although the name ezme means to crush, it refers to the fact that it is chopped into small pieces. But let's get to the recipes.
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ small onion
- ¼ bunch of parsley
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp dried mint
- 1 pinch cumin
- ½ tsp red chili pepper flakes
- salt to taste
How to make Hot Ezme (Turkish Salad)
- Mix the tomato paste, freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, and spices in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Remove the seeds and liquid and chop then into fine brunoise.
- Cut the green peppers and onion into fine brunoise.
- Finely chop the parsley and mince the garlic.
- Mix the chopped ingredients with the tomato paste mixture in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a small serving plate.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!