Hot Ezme (Turkish Salsa)
Turkish salsa, hot and spicy, crispy and refreshing. I love it with tortilla chips or even with simple bread slices.
Hot Ezme (Turkish Salad)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ small onion
- ¼ bunch of parsley
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp dried mint
- 1 pinch cumin
- ½ tsp red chili pepper flakes
- salt to taste
How to make Hot Ezme (Turkish Salad)
- Mix the tomato paste, freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, and spices in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Remove the seeds and liquid and chop then into fine brunoise.
- Cut the green peppers and onion into fine brunoise.
- Finely chop the parsley and mince the garlic.
- Mix the chopped ingredients with the tomato paste mixture in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a small serving plate.