Modern Canard a l’Orange (duck)
- Combine all ingredients
- Remove the skin from the meat. Leave skin intact and reserve.
- Rub meat with citrus marinade and vacuum-pack.
- Cook at 135F for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before plating, take off bag, dry and flash-sear.
- Make a light caramel with sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Add orange juice.
- Add brown duck stock. Reduce.
- Work on sauce consistency and finish sauce.
- Bring simple syrup + white wine vinegar to a boil.
- Pour over orange segments.
- Let cool to room temp.
- Add gellan
- Tourne beets and steam.
- Tourne potatoes and steam.
- Prep baby carrots and steam.
- Blanch asparagus.
- Heat olive oil.
- Add sage and let infuse off the heat to room temp.
- Process with hand blender.
- Pass through chinois.
- Reserve in micro squeeze bottle.
- Dry skin, salt and flash-sear until dark brown and crispy.
- On a rectangular plate, fan the duck elegantly.
- Drizzle with gastrique.
- Place the crispy skin on top.
- Randomly place garnish and orange confit cubes.
- Spot with sage oil.
- Add a few micro-greens.
- Serve at once.