This dish started as a fun food for us to enjoy in the truck and it just hit the streets with a force. Its spirit comes from Koreatown and it’s simply amazing.
This dish started as a fun food for us to enjoy in the truck and it just hit the streets with a force. Its spirit comes from Koreatown.
- 4 x12 inch flour tortilla
- 2 cups kimichi
- 8 sesame leaf
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds roasted
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups cheddar jack cheese shredded
- First cook kimchi with butter and continue to stir over medium heat til caramelized and charred, set aside.
- Oil pan or griddle and place tortilla on pan and add 1 cup of cheese on one half, covering to make it look like a black and white cookie.
- Add 1/2 cup of kimchi, layer two ripped sesame leaves, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Fold over empty half of tortilla to create a half moon.
- Continue to cook and flip over.
- The quesadilla should look blistered like a Neapolitan pizza.
- Cut and enjoy the drippy goodness….
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!