Homemade Cheese and Parmesan Biscuits
Cheese and parmesan biscuits are my recommendation for a simple, delicious, and tasty snack. They’re a delicious homemade solution to hunger pangs. They may look like cookies, being round in shape, but they are savory biscuits.
These are great snacks for kids as it will give them a boost of energy and are also visually appealing. I used sheep’s cheese for this recipe for extra flavor, but sheep’s cheese is hard to find and not everyone’s cup of tea. You can safely use cheddar cheese instead.
I invite you to try them, they are easy to make and very tasty.
Cheese and Parmesan Biscuits
- 200 g white flour
- 100 g whole meal flour
- 200 g cheddar cheese or sheep's cheese
- 50 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper chilli pepper
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
How to make CHEESE AND PARMESAN BISCUITS:
- Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix the eggs lightly with salt.
- Add pepper and chili flakes to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix the white flour with the whole wheat flour and make a well in the middle.
- Place the butter in the well and start kneading with your fingers until you get a crumbly dough.
- Add the cheddar (or sheep's cheese) and two thirds of the Parmesan and mix again to evenly distribute the cheeses.
- Pour the eggs over the dough and start kneading until the dough is smooth.
- If necessary, add milk or flour to obtain a homogeneous dough, not too stiff and easy to work.
- Wrap the dough in foil and chill for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C degrees (390 F). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface.
- Cut out circles using a cutter.
- Place the biscuits in the tray.
- Brush with a little beaten egg and sprinkle over some Parmesan.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-15 minutes until nicely browned.
- Cool on a cooling tray.
- They are very tasty and are a great snack when you want to avoid something sweet.
- And we don't want sweet all the time.