Eggplant Mousse Recipe
This is a simple, yet aromatic dish of roasted eggplant, lemon juice, oil and garlic pureed to perfection. It’s best served with whole wheat naan, which is a type of flatbread popular in the Middle East, and fresh or oven roasted tomatoes.
- 5 eggplants medium
- 1/2 liter corn oil 34 fl oz
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- Roast the eggplants, recommended on open flame as it adds a smoky scent and flavor.
- Peel the eggplants and put them in a deep dish. Blend with a stick hand blender.
- Add the oil gradually while blending. Then add lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, force the mixture into a clean bowl through a fine sieve.
- Serve garnished with oven roasted tomatoes and a slice of naan.