Creamy Red Lentil Soup w/ Roasted Pepper Salad
If you think that a red lentil soup can be a boring dish try adding a dash of curry and a roasted peppers salad. It’s simply delicious!
Enjoy this healthy red lentil soup with roasted pepper salad!
Creamy Red Lentil Soup with Roasted Pepper Salad
- 2 medium onions
- 5 carrots
- 2 cups red lentils
- 3 roasted peppers
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 6 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp Turkish cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
The cream soup:
- Wash, peel, and slice the onions and carrots.
- Heat a 5-liter pot (slightly bigger than a 1-gallon pot) and add some sunflower oil and salt.
- Add the onions and carrots.
- After the onion becomes translucent, add the lentils.
- Top with water until you reach 3/4 of the pot.
- Simmer over low heat and stir occasionally until the vegetables and the lentils are cooked.
- Add the curry powder and the cumin.
- Blend the mix.
- If the soup is too thin, continue to simmer until you get the desired texture. If the soup is too dense, you can add more water and cook it until it starts to boil again.
Roasted pepper and baby spinach salad:
- Finely chop the roasted pepper and the baby spinach.
- Put them in a bowl and add the olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Use 2 tablespoons of this mix for one serving of cream soup.
- This dish can be served either with croutons or with baked or deep-fried tortilla strips. You can also add Cajun seasoning.