Beetroot Risotto with Gorgonzola
Welcome to a world of vibrant colors and delicious flavors with this beetroot risotto with gorgonzola cheese recipe.
It’s a creamy and delicious risotto that works well as a first course or even a main. This risotto is made “all’onda” (in the wave style) which is typical of Northern Italy. It should take about 18 minutes to make from the time you start adding the liquid.
Please find the detailed beetroot risotto recipe below!
Beetroot Risotto and Gorgonzola
- Put the beetroot through the juicer to obtain the fresh beetroot jus.
- Melt very slowly gorgonzola with the cream on a low heat.
- Cook the shallots in olive oil, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and shake the pan to coat the grains in oil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add wine but do not stir, reduce heat and shake the pan every few minutes until the wine has been absorbed.
- Add enough stock to just completely cover the rice.
- Leave to cook, without stirring for 10 minutes, adding beetroot jus as necessary to keep the rice just covered.
- Remove from heat, add sour cream and reggiano cheese and stir vigorously, then leave to rest, uncovered for 1 minute.
- Spoon risotto evenly onto a warm plate, drizzle with the gorgonzola sauce and extra virgin olive oil
Related: Risotto with Italian Veal Sausage, Taleggio & Frangelico
Related: Asparagus and Prosecco Risotto
Related: Pan-seared Abalone with Squid-Ink Risotto
Related: Risotto ‘Cacio e Pepe’ by Chef Massimo Bottura