Beef Fillet, Maple Glazed Cured Ham& Grilled Goat’s Cheese & Baby Root Vegetables
Beef Fillet, Maple Glazed Cured Ham & Grilled Goat’s Cheese
- Place the slices of cured ham on a tray with greaseproof paper, brush the ham with maple syrup until evenly glazed.
- Pre-heat the oven to 80◦C/ 175◦F/Gas Mark 3 cook the ham for 3 hours until crisp, do this a few hours before preparing the rest of the meal.
- Break the goat’s cheese down using your hands until lump free and smooth, then roll into 1 inch spheres. Make sure they are even, set to one side until the vegetables and beef fillet are ready to serve.
- Season the beef fillet both sides with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a frying pan heat two tablespoons of oil, when the oil is hot add the steaks to the pan.
- After one side is browned turn the steaks then add 20 g of butter, basting while cooking, cook for 7 minutes on each side until medium rare, leave to rest.
- Peel all the vegetables.
- In four separate pans add 400ml of water and 20g butter, 5g caster sugar and one sprig of thyme to each pan.
- Add each vegetable to a different pan, even the carrots so the vegetables do not bleed and discolour each other.
- Cook the beetroot for 15 minutes, the turnips for 12 minutes and both varieties of carrots for 8 minutes.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, drain and season.
- Put the goat’s cheese balls, prepared earlier, under a hot grill until the top has a nice golden glaze.
- Add the vegetables to the plate first over lapping each other, then carve the beef by squaring off the sides, add to the plate leaning over the vegetables, then add the grilled goat’s cheese between the vegetables, finally add the shards of glazed ham & violas to finish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!