Baba Ghanoush Recipe
A delightful Mediterranean dip, and one of the most popular Middle Eastern dishes, baba ghanoush holds its own without needing to be part of the meze – a selection of appetizers or small dishes served in the Middle East. It is perfect on grilled bruschetta, or with savory crackers, lavosh or crisp papadums.
Please also see my hummus recipe, which is another super delicious Middle Eastern dip.
Enjoy this classic baba ghanoush recipe!
- 300 grams eggplant
- 60 grams tahini
- 60 grams tomatoes
- 10 grams onion
- 1 garlic
- 40 milliliters olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- sea salt
- pepper from the mill
- mint sprigs for decoration
- 20 milliliters lemon juice
- In order to achieve 300g (10oz) of eggplant pulp, use approximately 500g long, Naples or Asian-type eggplants.
- With a small fork, pierce the eggplants on several places and then grill them over open fire until they are well soft and lightly charred on the outside.
- Dip in ice water for just a few seconds, cut them lengthwise in half and scoop out the inner pulp with a spoon. Set a side and chill well.
- Chop the eggplant pulp to the desired fineness and ½ he virgin olive oil and all other ingredients.
- Season with the sea salt and pepper form the mill to taste.
- Dress into the serving dish and drizzle with the remaining virgin olive oil just before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!