Pan-Fried Sea Bream with Leek Cream & King Oyster Mushrooms
This is delicious pan-fried sea bream recipe shared by our friends Eleni and Alex from Food24_skg.
This recipe seamlessly fuses the delicate flavors of sea bream with the smooth richness of leek cream, and meatiness of the king oyster mushroom. It’s super delicious!
Pan Fried Sea Bream with Leek Cream & King Oyster Mushrooms
- 200 g sea bream
- extra virgin olive oil
- 20 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gr butter
- 30 gr white wine
- 600 ml vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 potatoes cubed
- 1 white onion sliced
- 400 gr leek the while tender part of the leek
- 1 potato
- sunflower oil
King oyster mushrooms:
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 king oyster mushroom
How to Make Sea Bream:
- Salt and pepper the sea bream on both sides.
- Place the frying pan over heat to warm it up.
- Once the pan is warm, add the olive oil and place the sea bream skin side down into the pan.
- Use a spatula to press the fish down to make it crispy. Then turn over onto the fleshy side to cook nicely till golden.
- Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side.
How to Make the Leek Cream:
- In a cooking pan add the olive oil and half of the butter. Sauté the onion over a high heat until translucent.
- Add the leek, salt, and pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and when evaporated, add the potatoes, bay leaf, and broth and let simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- When ready, remove the bay leaf and whisk all the ingredients in the pan.
- Finally, add the rest of the butter and mix well till homogenized.
- Strain the mixture.
How to Cook the Potato
- Wash the potato well and peel it.
- Use a mandolin to slice it very thin.
- Place the slices together and cut them into very thin strips. Put the potato in a vacuum bag and make airtight.
- Cook in Sous Vide at 70 °C/ 158 ℉ for 1 and a half hours. When ready, place the potato in iced water.
- Remove from the vacuum bag and cook in a frying pan with sunflower oil until golden.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper.
How to Make the King Oyster Mushrooms:
- Cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Add salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil. Keep the heat high fire and sauté the mushroom on both sides.
Related: Seared Grouper with Eggplant, Parmeggiana & Tomato Fondue
Related: Halibut w/ Curry, Romanesco & Bergamot Oil
Related: Catfish Medallions with Dijon Lentils & Red Wine Butter Sauce
Related: Roasted Halibut w/ Beetroot, Bacon, Black Pudding Dressing & Horseradish Cream
Related: Halibut w/ Honey-Soused Vegetables & Avocado Purée
Related: Leek Gratin with Lemon Béchamel