- 400 gr Milk
- 80 gr Sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 gr vanilla extract
- 25 gr Semolina Fine
- 12 gr cornstarch
- 25 gr Butter 82%
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/2 egg
- 10 gr Milk
How to Make it:
- Heat milk with half of the sugar in a pot.
- In a bowl mix egg with the other half of the sugar, semolina, cornstarch and vanilla extract.
- Temper egg mixture with the hot milk.
- Transfer back in the pot and boil.
- Off heat add butter and lemon zest. Let cream.
- Once cool down mix in a blender to fine the texture.
- Cover the bottom of a steel pastry ring 14cm diameter with aluminum foil. Brush butter on the inside and on the bottom. Cover with baking paper.
- Pour in the milk pie mixture.
- Top up with the egg wash and cover all the surface.
- Bake at 170C for 35’-45’. Let cool and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
Photo credit: Manolis Stithos