1 kg land snails
2 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper
1 boiled egg
50 gr nuts
100 gr chorizo
100 gr ham
1 glass brandy
Preparation time: 1 hour 15 minutes. Recipe for: 6 people.
How to Make Mountain Snails:
- Bleach the snails twice by changing the cooking water to get rid of all the slime and then cook a third time, 15 minutes.
- Sauté the onion tin olive oil with a bay leaf.
- Add the chopped red pepper and sauté until very soft. Flame with the brandy to burn all the alcohol.
- Incorporate the diced tomato and let cook until a homogeneous sauce is obtained.
- Put in the snails once cooked in the sauce and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Make a refried with garlic, ham, chorizo, and olive oil.
- Combine the refried with the snails and add the nuts and boiled egg. Let cook for a few minutes, taste, salt, and serve.
- Before cooking the snails, they must be washed well with water to clean them of all their offal.
- This is one of the many ancestral dishes that look better overnight, so we get snails to take all the flavor of the sauce.