1 kg beef fillet
1 Garlic Head
1 large onion
1 tablespoon Parsley
1 sour orange
to taste Salt and pepper
Cuban’s love steak… however because beef is not popular there, they make their steak using pork instead! This dish is a Cuban favorite and a traditional dish to celebrate these Christmas and New Years holidays. The steak is generally sliced thin and juicy. With the addition of slow cooked onions, this dish really does have it all!
How to Make Bistec de Cerdo Ancebollado (Pork Steak with Onions):
- We clean the meat well, cut the steaks in the direction of the fibers and give a few taps to make them softer and juicier when cooked.
- Then we prepare the marinade with all the crushed garlic, sour orange, pepper and parsley, we add it to the meat that we have already cut.
- Let it rest for about 2 or 3 hours in the refrigerator, thus penetrating the mixed flavors of the marinade mor
- After the time in the fridge, we remove the beef steaks, drain them well and cook in a skillet over medium heat and with only 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Depending on the size of the pan, it will be the amount of meat that you are going to cook at the same time, the meat should always be sealed for 45 seconds on each side, we add the salt when they are almost ready.
- When all the steaks are sealed, we put them all in the pan and add all the liquid that was left from the marinade, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped onion into rings, stir and cover. It is served hot with rice, salad, also beans if you wish.