Manca/ Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Salad
Everyone in Turkey would agree that roasted vegetable salads are more delicious with vegetables cooked over an open fire. Roasted vegetable salads are the favorite of large picnics and weekend summer barbecues.
Roasted pepper and eggplant salads are the most famous and can be found in every region of Turkey, but don’t be fooled into thinking it always has the same name. This salad sometimes has a different name, even within the same city.
Manca (Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Salad)
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 medium eggplant
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
How to make Manca (Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Salad)
- Roast the eggplant and red and green peppers in a cast-iron skillet. Do not forget to make small holes on them with a knife.
- Place the roasted vegetables on a plate, cover them with cling film, and let them cool for 10 minutes when they will be easier to peel.
- Finely dice the tomatoes. Finely chop the garlic and parsley.
- Peel and finely chop the cooled roasted vegetables.
- Mix the roasted eggplant and peppers, tomato, garlic, and parsley in a large bowl. Add vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate, drizzle olive oil on top, and serve it.