KISIR (TURKISH BULGUR SALAD)
Made quickly and with limited ingredients, it is easy to put together when guests arrive. And that’s exactly where its name comes from. Kisir means limited.
Kisir(Turkish Bulgur Salad)
How to make Kisir(Turkish Bulgur Salad)
- Put the fine bulgur into a deep and wide bowl, pour hot water over it, and mix. Cover and set aside until the bulgur absorbs the water.
- Finely dice the tomatoes and onion. Set aside.
- Finely chop the parsley and spring onions, and coarsely chop the lettuce. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the diced onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, red pepper flakes, and cumin to the sautéed onion, and continue sautéing for a few more minutes. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Add the finely chopped parsley, spring onions, onion, and tomato paste mixture to the bulgur, which will now have absorbed the water and be swollen.
- Then pour the pomegranate molasses and lemon juice into the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix for about 5-6 minutes until the flavor of all the ingredients is taken up by the bulgur.
- Finally, add the tomatoes and lettuce, mix, and serve cold.