Octopus Salad w/ Chorizo and Green Salsa
This is a delicious octopus salad recipe with potatoes, spicy chorizo and green salsa.
- 500 grams octopus
- drizzle olive oil extra virgin
- 1 pinch paprika
- 4 potatoes
- 100 grams spicy Spanish chorizo
- 50 grams basil leaves
- 15 grams tarragon
- 40 grams coriander cilantro
- 40 grams flat parsley
- 50 grams potato cooked
- 1 egg yolk raw
- egg yolk raw
- 1/2 lime
- Put the octopus into boiling water and cook until soft, then drain, reserving the water for the potatoes.
- Allow the octopus to cool to room temperature and then peel and slice into discs approximately 2cm (0.8 inch) thick.
- Mix the salt, paprika and olive oil to make a marinade and then add the octopus discs.
- Clean the potatoes, slice into discs approximately 3cm (1.2 inch) thick and then boil potatoes in the octopus stock until soft.
- Slice into 2cm (0.8 inch) discs and then bake at 180 degrees Celsius (355 Fahrenheit) for approximately five minutes.
- Wash the herbs and place all ingredients into a food processor until the mixture becomes a creamy paste – adding a little cold water to loosen the mixture if it is too thick, a squeeze of lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Assemble and Serve
- Brush a line of Salsa Verde along the middle of the plate in a long line.
- Place one disc of octopus, one disc of potato and then one disc of chorizo onto the line
- Repeat this process along the line of the Salsa Verde.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and tarragon.