Mushroom Consommé with Mushroom Dumplings
Chef Nelly Robinson is showcasing an extraordinary mushroom consommé with mushroom dumplings recipe that will leave your mouth watering. The recipe calls for various types of mushrooms that are combined into an incredibly flavorful dish.
Mushroom Consommé Recipe by Chef Nelly Robinson
Chef Nelly Robinson is showcasing an extraordinary mushroom consomme recipe that will leave your mouth watering.
- 250 grams shitake mushrooms finely chopped
- 200 grams Swiss brown mushrooms finely chopped
- 200 grams chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 100 grams e-shallots finely diced
- 100 grams white celery chopped into quarters
- 75 grams carrot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1.5 liter chicken stock or veg stock
- 100 grams chicken mince
- 100 grams carrots finely grated
- 100 grams Swiss brown mushrooms minced
- 125 grams egg whites
- 1 sprig thyme finely diced (a generous sprig without the stalk)
- 150 grams button mushrooms finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons black truffle oil
- 5 grams tarragon finely chopped
- 1 e-shallots finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 100 milliliters thickened cream
- 50 grams almonds toasted
- 75 grams Swiss brown mushrooms finely chopped
- 75 grams green shallots finely chopped
- 4 wonton pastry skins
- 1 red chili finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the chopped shiitake, Swiss brown, chestnut mushrooms, e-shallot, finely chopped carrots (keep the gated carrots for later on) and celery until golden brown.
- Add the stock, whisking to combine.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a medium-low, add the finely chopped garlic and thyme and simmer for 60 – 90 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.
- In a large bowl mix together the minced chicken, finely grated carrots, minced Swiss brown mushrooms all together and mix it with egg white make sure all ingredients are well mixed store the mixture in fridge.
- Strain the cooked mushroom stock through a fine sieve into a saucepan and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, take your minced chicken mixture from the fridge and using a wooden spoon mix until all ingredients are combined. This is your consommé.
- On a low – medium heat, slowly bring the consommé to the boil until the chicken mixture separates and rises to the surface.
- Once the consommé has fully split, sieve slowly through a very fine paper filter into large bowl.
- Finish with a little salt, a sprig of tarragon and white sugar to taste.
- In a fry pan, heat a small knob of butter over a low heat.
- Add the garlic and finely chopped button mushrooms and cook for 10 – 20 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the truffle oil and thickened cream and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until reduced.
- Remove from heat, blend all ingredients together using a stick blender, cover and allow to cool.
- Once the liquid has cooled, add the chopped Swiss brown mushrooms, finely chopped green shallots and almonds and fold though the mushroom mixture.
- Add a drizzle of truffle oil to taste and transfer into a piping bag.
- Take the Wonton pastry skins and pipe approx. 40g of your mushroom mixture into the middle of the sheet, using your fingers stroke a little warm water around the edges of the pastry and then fold in half, cut with a cutter so you have a half moon and roll into a and press down the edges to create a ridged pattern.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil over a high heat, add 2-3 tbs of olive oil.
- Blanch the dumplings for 3 minutes or until tender, then remove from water and set aside.
- Divide the dumplings into 4 serving bowls, add the cooked mushrooms, pour over your mushroom consommé, drizzle a little truffle oil and garnish with finely chopped tarragon and red chili.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!