Lamb Rogan Josh
- Pre-heat oven at 350 F.
- Heat a 3 qt Dutch oven sauce pan over medium heat.
- When the sauce pan is hot, add oil, onions and lamb. Mix well and sauté for 15-20 minutes or until lamb has seared on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, add and mix all the spice ingredients and make a paste. Add 2 cups water to this spice paste and mix well; make sure there are no lumps.
- When the lamb has seared, add this mixture to the lamb, mix and cover the sauce pan with a lid. Carefully place the sauce pan in the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven, mix and adjust salt. If the curry is too thick, then feel free to add ¼ cup water, and if the curry is runny then cook it for additional 30 minutes in the oven.
Note: Additionally, you can add 4-5 fingerling potatoes to the lamb after 45 minutes in the oven. The potatoes will cook along with the lamb.