Michelin star chef Heinz Beck shares the recipe for his signature dish on the menu – Fagottelli Carbonara.
The dressing is made with Tellicherry pepper, which is an Indian-origin pepper, particularly suitable for this dish thanks to its distinctive aroma and particular fragrance.
Enjoy this Michelin-rated carbonara pasta dish!
- 5 egg yolks
- 60 grams Pecorino cheese
- 80 milliliters whipped cream
- white pepper
- 160 grams flour
- 80 grams semolina
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 kilogram veal bones and trimmings
- olive oil extra virgin
- 2 onions
- 120 grams carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 10 shells white pepper
- 3 liters water
- Tellycherry pepper
- Beat the yolks in a double boiler and add little by little the grated Pecorino cheese to eggs.
- Add the white pepper, the salt, let cool and incorporate the whipped cream.
- Put the mixture into a sac-a-poche (pastry bag) and keep cool in a refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix the flour with the semolina, add the egg yolks (keep 1 egg white aside), one egg, a pinch of salt and water enough to obtain a solid dough.
- Work the dough for a long time and form a ball; wrap it in plastic wrap and cool it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll out thinly the dough and cut into 7cm squares with the help of a squared mould.
- With the help of a spoon, spread the filling over the dough and close it in the shape of a cigarette.
- Press the dough with fingers, fold and cut out the “Fagottelli” with a toothed wheel.
The Veal Stock:
- Cut into small pieces the trimmings of veal; break the bones and put everything in a pan that can go in the oven with a little of extra virgin olive oil.
- Put in oven at 190°C and brown until the bones and trimmings become gold.
- Remove from oven, drain the oil in excess, add the vegetables previously cleaned and chopped, the rosemary, the shells of white pepper and continue to cook few minutes.
- Remove from heat and make cool.
- Cover the bones and the trimmings of veal with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 2 hours on low heat.
- Skimming during cooking to remove the impurities that rise to the surface.
- Pass the veal stock through a clean cloth place over a fine strainer.
- Cut the Roman bacon into julienne strips, dice zucchini and skip all in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with white wine, bring it to a boil and add the veal stock.
- Cook “Fagottelli” in abundant salted water, add to the sauce and whisk it with Pecorino cheese, extra virgin olive oil and add Tellicherry pepper.