Spicy Salami Pasta
This delicious salami pasta recipe was shared with us by Ele Trois, the restauranter behind Melbourne’s Sassy Italian Restaurant. It’s called Ele’s Spicy Salami Penne and it is a customer favorite at this top-rated Italian restaurant in Melbourne, Australia.
Ele’s homemade spicy salami is made the traditional Italian way with all natural products and cured over 6 week period. Check this article for more information about Italian cured meats. We also use homemade Carolina reaper chili oil to enhance the flavors that combine with olives, capsicum (red peppers) and homemade Napoli (Marinara) sauce.
Perfectly cooked penne pasta is tossed in a flavorful sauce, creating a satisfying and comforting meal that will transport your taste buds straight to Italy.
This dish was created by Ele’s grandfather and passed down to Ele while working as a chef. Ele has combined a modern twist while conserving the true Italian taste.
Spicy Salami Pasta
- 200 g penne pasta
- 150 ml Napoli sauce (Marinara)
- 100 grams spicy salami thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili finely chopped
- 50 grams red peppers (capsicum) chopped and roasted
- 50 grams olives chopped
- 50 grams parmesan shaved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- generous serve of Carolina reaper chili oil (or chili flavored olive oil)
- In a medium hot pan, add some olive oil, garlic and chili.
- Once the garlic and chili are lightly sauteed, add spicy salami, olives and capsicum (red peppers) and sauteed for 1-2 minutes.
- Gently toss the pan for the ingredients to blend.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, then add penne pasta and cook according to package instructions (should be about 11 minutes to al-dente).
- Add napoli sauce to the pan, bring to a simmer and keep stirring for flavors to blend.
- Add the pasta to the pan.
- Continuously toss the pan so the pasta and flavors can combine.
- A light sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Add a touch more of Carolina reaper chili oil, then give it a final toss.
- Turn off the heat, and ready to plate up.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan and parsley.