No Bake Chocolate Biscuits Cake w/ Dried Fruit and Almonds
Chocolate biscuits cake is a simple dessert that can be festive and super delicious at the same time. Biscuits along with chocolate, coconut milk, vanilla, almonds, and dried fruit all together create a very flavorful dessert.
The cake is very simple to make. All you do is make sure you have all the ingredients on hand and then you can go straight to assembly. The biscuits I used for this recipe are store-bought, but if you want to put in some extra effort, you can also make the cake with homemade biscuits.
Here, we go for the simple and quick option of using store-bought biscuits.
Chocolate Biscuits Cake with Dried Fruit and Almonds
- 200 g biscuits
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 50 g coconut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g chopped almonds
- 80 g dried fruit mix
- 70 g raisins
How to make the CHOCOLATE BISCUITS CAKE WITH DRIED FRUIT AND ALMONDS:
- Place the coconut milk, coconut butter, dark chocolate, and honey on a low heat.
- Stir until the mixture is homogeneous, then turn off the heat.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt (to accentuate the flavor) and blend.
- Coarsely chop the almonds and dried fruit and mix them with the raisins.
- Line an 18-20 cm (7-7.9 inch) diameter baking tin with cling film. It will be a small but very consistent cake.
- Put 2 tablespoons of cream on the bottom of the tray and put 2 tablespoons of dried fruit on top.
- Level, cover with a layer of biscuits and press well.
- Proceed in the same way until you finish the whole composition.
- Refrigerate for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- The next day, take the biscuits and dried fruit cake out of the tin and dust with cocoa.
- Serve the dessert in small but elegant slices.