Swedish Potato Salad/Färskpotatissalad
Despite the cold climate, Swedish are barbeque fanatics. In sun, rain, or snow we light up our barbeques in backyards or public places.
Vegetables, pork, steak, fish, and chicken are enjoyed with a typical potato salad made with onions, herbs, crème fraîche and mustard.
Swedish Potato Salad
- 1 kg baby potato
- 3 tbsp capers
- 2 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ dl finely chopped parsley
- ½ dl finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 dl creme fraiche
- ½ medium size red onion diced
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 spring onions chopped
How to make Potato salad:
- Clean and boil the potatoes until done but firm, and let them cool.
- After the potatoes are cool, cut them into halves, quarters or bitesize pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix most of the herbs, vinegar, mustard, caper, mayonnaise, creme fraiche, olive oil, the diced red onion, and the chopped spring onion. Taste as you go and add salt and pepper.
- When well combined add the potatoes and top with the rest of the herbs.
- Let the potato salad rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!